Issue #11151 has been reported by Rafael Frana.

Feature #11151: Numeric#positive? and Numeric#negative?
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/issues/11151

* Author: Rafael Frana
* Assignee: Yukihiro Matsumoto
We just added [`Interger#positive?` and `Interger#negative?` to Active Support](https://github.com/rails/rails/commit/e54277a45da3c86fecdfa930663d7692fd083daa).

I was wondering if we could get that implemented in Ruby itself and searched if it was already requested before to Ruby code.

I found that it was requested in #5513, but rejected. Since they were requested with more methods, and I don't know Japanese enough to see if there are technical reasons, I thought to request just these two methods again.

The implementation would be something like:

```
def positive?
  self > 0
end

def negative?
  self < 0
end
```

And one of its use case is filtering, like:

```
bunch_of_numbers.select(&:positive?)
```

If this feature is accepted I can work in a patch.

Related #5513

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/