Issue #11088 has been reported by Jrgen Bickert.

Bug #11088: Infinite loop on calling missing/overwritten methods of restored marshaled objects
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/issues/11088

* Author: Jrgen Bickert
* Assignee:
* ruby -v: ruby 2.2.2p95 (2015-04-13 revision 50295) [x86_64-linux]
I have Marshal.dump some objects and then I Marshal.load them and later I call non-existent methods on those objects and instead of raising an exception (NoMethodError) it runs off in an infinite loop.

I have tested with simple cases where the dumped structure is not recursiveand it works fine. So I attached a non-working dump which will when calledwith inspect or a non-existing method run off in an infinite loop.

When you run "ruby bug_hunt.rb" it will get stuck and you have to abort(CTRL-C) and only then will it print an error message and finish.

bug_hunt.rb (336 Bytes)
ruby_object.dump (561 KB)

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/