On Dec 12, 2005, at 2:10 PM, James Edward Gray II wrote:

> I'm *assuming* the change is that we've updated the vendor/rails/
> directory to a more recent version.  I'm still running Ruby 1.8.2,
> but was when I was seeing the errors too.  Might make sure your
> Rails is up-to-date.

As usual, I was wrong.  The /vendor/rails/ is the same version.  My
partner changed the constant definitions to avoid the warnings:

OUR_CONST = ... unless const_defined? "OUR_CONST"

So, I added a warning statement above those declarations and I see
that it is indeed executed twice.  While I was in there, I noticed
that controller is a base controller that at least one other
controller inherits from.  Testing a theory, I added a warning to an
uninherited controller and this is what I see in my test output:

Something is fishy there.  Does Rails munge const_missing() by chance?

James Edward Gray II