Issue #10958 has been updated by Akira Tanaka.

It seems no one against this.  I committed.

Feature #10958: remove "initial_state" argument of Enumerable#{slice_before,chunk}

* Author: Akira Tanaka
* Assignee:
I'd like to remove "initial_state" argument of Enumerable#{slice_before,chunk}.

I think a state management can be implemented using local variable without the argument.
So I'd like to remove it because it is too complex and
not consistent with Enumerable#{slice_when,slice_after} which doesn't have the argument.

Note that I added deprecated warning since Ruby 2.2.
It seems no one complained the warning until now.

chunk_slice_before_remove_initial_state.patch (8 KB)

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/