Issue #11032 has been reported by Robert A. Heiler.

Feature #11032: Add a warning for misspelling "def intialize"
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/issues/11032

* Author: Robert A. Heiler
* Assignee:
Hi guys,

When I was younger, in a class, I wrote this:

"def intialize(some_argument_here)"

This lead to an error because it should have been:

"def initialize(some_argument_here)"

My proposal is simple:

Add a warning for an error like this. :)

(a) If there is no method called "initialize"
(b) but there is a message called "intialize",
in a given class, add a notification such as:

"warning: intialize might be misspelled, perhaps you meant initialize"

Reasoning: Perhaps other people out there also sometimes misspell
initialize, so that might make it a bit faster for them to
detect this error.

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/