On Fri, Mar 06, 2015 at 10:56:08AM +0000, ko1 / atdot.net wrote:
> This is bug fix, but it changes Ruby semantics largely. I'm not sure how
> to treat it.

I think it depends on the size of the patch.  If it's large (like you
say) then backport risk is high.  If there's a smaller patch that just
fixes [Bug #10871], maybe consider backporting that?

[Bug #10871] is happening when running Rails in a threaded webserver,
which is pretty common.  But I don't think I've seen the same style of
code in many cases.

> Matz said that "we can not expect how affect this change for existing applications, so that no
> need for older versions".
>
> Please discuss about it.

I think we should go with your fixes in 2.3.  If it breaks someone's
code you can have them blame me! :)

--
Aaron Patterson
http://tenderlovemaking.com/