Issue #10871 has been updated by clay shentrup.

Can anyone update us on the status of this bug? Thanks.

Bug #10871: Sclass thread unsafe due to CREF sharing

* Author: Evan Phoenix
* Assignee:
* ruby -v: 2.2.0p0, trunk
When entering an sclass, the context is tracked via the same cref mechanism used for class and module, specifically on the iseq->cref_stack. The bug is that the cref_stack is the wrong place to put the new cref because the scope is specific only to that sclass body. Mutating and using the iseq->cref_stack causes any code that reads the cref via this cref_stack to incorrectly pick up the sclass instance instead of the proper scope!

This is major thread safety bug because it means that all uses of `class << obj` are thread-unsafe and can cause random code to fail.

Here is a simple reproduction of the bug: https://gist.github.com/evanphx/6eef92f2c40662a4171b

I attempted to fix the bug by treating an sclass body the same as an eval, which already has special handling for cref's but I don't understand the code enough to make that change quickly.

I believe this is a major bug and hope that ruby-core can address it soon.

Thank you!

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/