I think you should definitely apply if you are interested in it! I just
want you to be aware of the difficulty. I can be a mentor if there aren't
other people available for it.

However, I am not sure if ruby-core is interested in this feature so it
would be good for MRI developers to confirm whether or not such a patch
would potentially be accepted if it was good.

A detailed proposal including a plan of how you plan on investigating the
existing fiber semantics and creating a design plan for cross-thread
resumption would be quite helpful.

Also documenting a mid-term deliverable would be good too. Offhand I'm not
sure what that would be for this project per se, but it's important to have
such a goal.

--
Tony Arcieri