On Tue, Mar 17, 2015 at 1:59 PM, SASADA Koichi <ko1 / atdot.net> wrote:

> Fiber captures also machine stack. How to resume it on the other
> threads? It is very interesting.

Hi Koichi,

I put this project on the Ideas List. It is indeed quite difficult. It's a
project I'm potentially interested in mentoring, but if we chose to attempt
it I would really love your input on it.

There are many potential states where resuming a fiber across threads
simply will not work, for example if the current fiber is holding a mutex.
So the project would start with determining what states a fiber could be in
where cross-thread resumption is allowed.

It may simply be infeasible without major changes to MRI. I would consider
it more of a research project than anything, and would probably give it a
low chance of success.

--
Tony Arcieri