"\"Martin J. Drst\"" <duerst / it.aoyama.ac.jp> wrote:
> > * Author: why do i need this acct just to create a bug report
>
> The answer is simple: Requiring registration helps a lot for
> reducing spam. Many thanks for your help.

For what it's worth, I do not agree with requiring registration.

Debian's bug tracker and {linux-kernel,git,...}@vger.kernel.org mailing
lists are all open to the world without registration.  They're all still
usable thanks to good spam filtering.  And I'd rather deal with a small
amount of spam that does get through rather than require registration
(and we've still gotten some spam despite registration).

Just my 2 cents...