Wybo Dekker wrote:

> According to the mbox(5) manpage, it's the so-called "postmark line".

Ah, thanks.

> That manpage also recognizes the problem of body-lines starting wit /From /

It omits to say that a body line starting:
"From wybo / serv... Sun Sep 26 13:20:51 2004 +0200"
... is undetectable.

> So maybe the the expression should be less specific than proposed. Or,
> perhaps, it should be configurable.

The "ignore within header" part of mailread is benign because
it could never appear in a valid header.  Once the body has started,
nothing can be done.  Even valid header lines can appear in the body,
so you can't even split on a 'From ' line followed by a header with
absolute certainty.  IOW, you're fscked ;)