Issue #9790 has been updated by Martin Drst.

Aleksandar Kostadinov wrote:
> Because gzip format allows multiple entries with filename I'd suggest to support a method like Java's ZipInputStream `getNextEntry()` [1]. This way programmer can choose to read everything as one chunk of data or multiple chunks each with its own name. This would allow storing and then retrieving multiple files in/from one gz.

Good idea, but it should be more Ruby-like, such as .each_file or so.

Bug #9790: Zlib::GzipReader only decompressed the first of concatenated files

* Author: Jake Quain
* Assignee: Eric Hodel
* ruby -v: 2.1.1
There is a similar old issue in Node that I came across that perfectly describes the situation in ruby:

https://github.com/joyent/node/issues/6032

In ruby given the following setup:

```
echo "1" > 1.txt
echo "2" > 2.txt
gzip 1.txt
gzip 2.txt
cat 1.txt.gz 2.txt.gz > 3.txt.gz
```

Calling:

```
Zlib::GzipReader.open("3.txt.gz") do |gz|
  print gz.read
end
```

would just print: