Hello,

I think we all agree both test suites are useful.

The big question remains of what do we do with the existing RubySpec tests.
I do not think it is reasonable to migrate one suite entirely over the
other as this is too much work and there are various reasons to prefer one
over the other in different contexts.

But, I would like to have the possibility to still contribute to RubySpec
in a way that any implementation may use it
and to merge efforts coming from different sources to improve RubySpec.

- The first step is to bring nurse/rubyspec up to date with
rubyspec/rubyspec archive's branch.
I am willing to do that if no one has an objection against it. Any help is
welcome of course! (just email me)

- The second step is really to choose a canonical RubySpec repository, to
avoid "death by too much forks".
This repository should only contain RubySpec tests for practical reasons.
We should allow many specs contributors to take part in merging changes and
maintaining specs.
I think this was a fatal flaw of rubyspec/rubyspec in that too few people
had the large burden of merging and maintaining the specs.

The main existing repository I see today is nurse/rubyspec.
I am thinking the process could be similar to handling pull requests on
ruby/ruby in that some contributors would provide feedback and merge them.
The CI is very useful in this regard to ensure MRI is not broken
inadvertently.

- The third step is to decide what to do about new specs which are not
contributed to the canonical repository directly.
This is worth another discussion and I think it is wiser to first achieve
the two first steps before discussing this in more details.

I have been contributing to MRI, JRuby, RubySpec, and more recently on a
new Ruby implementation.
I really think we should not let RubySpec rot, as it is a valuable test
suite.
I spoke to people from each main Ruby implementation and they all wish for
a bright future for Ruby tests and specs, so let's do this!

What do you think?