Issue #10856 has been updated by Shugo Maeda.

Status changed from Open to Closed

Sean Griffin wrote:
> When keyword args are passed to a method with splat, and there are no keyword args, an empty hash is sent. I would expect no argument to be given, same as splat with an empty array. For example:

It was fixed in r49193.

Bug #10856: Splat with empty keyword args gives unexpected results

* Author: Sean Griffin
* Assignee:
* ruby -v: ruby 2.2.0p0 (2014-12-25 revision 49005) [x86_64-darwin13]
When keyword args are passed to a method with splat, and there are no keyword args, an empty hash is sent. I would expect no argument to be given, same as splat with an empty array. For example:

    def foo
    end

    foo(**{})

This causes an argument error, as an empty hash is passed. I would expect the same behavior as

    def foo
    end

    foo(*[])

--