Feature #10816: Add the ability to capture Coverage information

* Author: Aaron Patterson
* Assignee: Yusuke Endoh
Hi,

I would like to periodically capture coverage information.  The reason is because I would like to be able to pair test methods with the lines executed for that test method.  The question I would like to answer is "If I modify file A on line B, which tests should I execute?"

I've attached a patch that returns a snapshot of the current coverage information.  It means that I can grab coverage information before and after each test case, then calculate which lines of code a particular test executed.

snapshot.diff (3.39 KB)

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/