Sounds good to me.  I'm positive to import the feature.

I'd like to hear any opinion from the direct users of the feature, such as the authors of coverage measurement frontend tool (such as simplecov) or testing frameworks.

> The question I would like to answer is "If I modify file A on line B, which tests should I execute?"

FYI: I think it is called "regression test selection."

--
Yusuke Endoh <mame / ruby-lang.org>

Feature #10816: Add the ability to capture Coverage information

* Author: Aaron Patterson
* Assignee: Yusuke Endoh
Hi,

I would like to periodically capture coverage information.  The reason is because I would like to be able to pair test methods with the lines executed for that test method.  The question I would like to answer is "If I modify file A on line B, which tests should I execute?"

I've attached a patch that returns a snapshot of the current coverage information.  It means that I can grab coverage information before and after each test case, then calculate which lines of code a particular test executed.

snapshot.diff (3.39 KB)

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/