Issue #10652 has been updated by Rafael Silva.

Sorry to insist on this, but what about other languages like python and nodejs working fine while ruby fails with "407 Proxy authentication required"?

From an user point of view it's a unexpected behavior, since ruby reads the string, and ignores some parts of it (user & password), while other languages work out of box in his enterprise setup.

This is very annoying when you just want to consume a gem but the author didn't include explict proxy support, and net/http doesn't provide it either.

Feature #10652: Automatic detection of user and password from env

* Author: Rafael Silva
* Assignee: Ayumu AIZAWA
Get user and pass from http_proxy variable when specified, so that NET::HTTP can handle connections behind authenticated proxies automatically.

I'm new, so please correct me if this isn't the correct way to go.

Also, I've open a PR on github at [[https://github.com/ruby/ruby/pull/763]]

f17b3008197b81b8afaefb7de2ed43187620a1dc.patch.txt (1.07 KB)

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/