Yukihiro Matsumoto wrote:

> > > Don't use it please.  I'm regretting this feature, and I'd like to
> > > remove it in the future if it's possible.

> > I'm surprised.  What do you regret about it?

> Because it's hard for users to tell
>
>   begin <code> end while <cond>
>
> works differently from
>
>   <code> while <cond>

If anything comes out of this discussion (I'm still doubtful), I hope
that this will be it.  I've found the difference in behavior confusing;
only once, but since then I've stayed away from the begin ... end
version and just used the latter.  It's just too confusing that they do
different things.

        nikolai