Sean E. Russell said:
> Statements like these are not only valid, but common.

My favorite example of this is Bruce Eckel's comment on Ruby that the
if/unless statement modifiers are backwards from the way we talk.  And
then in the comment itself he uses the following two sentences:

* This makes sense if you used to be a Smalltalk (or perhaps
  Forth) programmer, [...]
* It also makes sense if you grew up Pennsylvania Dutch [...]

(http://onthethought.blogspot.com/2005/01/thinking-in-ruby-not.html)

--
-- Jim Weirich     jim / weirichhouse.org    http://onestepback.org