Misc #10721: Failing test because of DNS server

* Author: Anthony Crumley
* Assignee: Eric Wong
The following test is failing:

[ 5/52] TestNetHTTP#test_failure_message_includes_failed_domain_and_port = 0.32 s
  1) Failure:
TestNetHTTP#test_failure_message_includes_failed_domain_and_port [/vagrant/test/net/http/test_http.rb:196]:
Expected "should have raised" to include "doesnotexist.bogus:80".

The problem is caused by my ISP, Charter Cable, returning a search results page instead of a failed DNS lookup for http://doesnotexist.bogus.  If I change my DNS server setting on my computer to use Google DNS then the test passes.

The attached patch uses a MiniTest stub to produce the DNS failure which results in the expected error message regardless of how the machine's DNS server responds to http://doesnotexist.bogus.

Thanks for everything you all do,

Anthony

dns_lookup.patch (1.06 KB)