Issue #10469 has been updated by Hiroshi SHIBATA.

Status changed from Open to Closed

Misc #10469: Documented return value for Array#each

* Author: Jared Beck
* Assignee: Zachary Scott
This is a minor documentation suggestion.

When given a block, `Array#each` returns `self`.

    [1,2,3].each { |x| 'banana' }

However, this is not obvious (to me) from the documentation.

The documented method signature is `each { |item| block } вк ary`.  Perhaps most people would understand that `ary` is `self`, but I think it could be more clear.

Perhaps something like the following (change in bold):

Calls the given block once for each element in self, passing that element as a parameter, **and returning the array itself.**

Thanks!

array_each_return_docs.patch (927 Bytes)

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/