Issue #10720 has been reported by Robert A. Heiler.

Feature #10720: A proposal for something like:   attr_reader :foo?  - with the trailing '?' question mark
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/issues/10720

* Author: Robert A. Heiler
* Assignee:
* Category:
* Target version:
Hi guys,

Sorry to burden you with another suggestion, no problem
if it is not accepted, I wanted to just make it. :-)

We have a way to define reader methods easily, such
as in:

    attr_reader :foo

This should be equivalent to:

    def foo
      @foo
    end

I love query methods ending with ?, so I often also use
something like:

    def foo?
      @foo
    end

What if there is a programmatic way to define these?

For instance, like:

    attr_reader? :foo

This might lead to confusion perhaps, so a way such as:

    attr_question :foo

or

    attr_query :foo

or perhaps even better

    attr_reader :foo?

The latter variant does not work:

    foo.rb:20:in `attr_reader': invalid attribute name `foo?' (NameError)

Perhaps :foo? could query the instance variable @foo
instead here? Currently attr_reader :foo? is invalid
but :foo? is a valid Symbol in itself.

At any rate, thanks for reading, may the year 2015 be
great for all ruby devs and ruby users!

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/