On Wed, 23 Nov 2005, Stefan Kaes wrote:

> Well, I'm German, so maybe it's more natural for me. But isn't "drive
> down the road until you see a stop sign" valid English? And I've never
> heard "until you see a stop sign, drive down the road"? Although this
> would be valid German, if translated literally :-)

It's valid structure in French too. It's certainly not a germanic-only
structure. It depends on which part you want to emphasize: the condition
itself? or what to do when the condition is true?

Mathieu Bouchard - t?l:+1.514.383.3801 - http://artengine.ca/matju
Freelance Digital Arts Engineer, Montr?al QC Canada