On Wed, 23 Nov 2005, mathew wrote:

> That's a block and a single statement, rather than a loop construct. A
> real post-test loop would be something like repeat ... until x with no
> extra do ... end required.

Well, pretend you have a real one... and it'll behave like a real one.

How pickier is it possible to get?

Tell your brain to parse "end while" as one token.

Does it have to be called "repeat" and "until" too?

> And I think that do ... end while x is ugly too. I tend to prefer doing
> something to make the loop condition true initially, then doing a normal
> while loop.

It's not a matter of deciding what's the best overall type of loop and
call all other ones ugly. Just pick the appropriate construct for the
situation. The construct is the appropriate one if it doesn't make you
jump through hoops.

Mathieu Bouchard - t?l:+1.514.383.3801 - http://artengine.ca/matju
Freelance Digital Arts Engineer, Montr?al QC Canada