Issue #10645 has been updated by Martin Drst.

Robert A. Heiler wrote:

> Would it be consistent to consider adding
> support of .first to MatchData as well?
>
> class Array has it - I kind of assumed that
> MatchData is a bit similar to Array.

The question is how similar exactly. What other array methods would you expect? MatchData has a to_a method, so it can be treated as an array. Should it be changed to include Enumerable? Enumerable would have #first, and manyother methods.

Feature #10645: Consider adding support of .first to MatchData object like MatchData[0]