Hi,

In message "Re: semenatics of if/unless/while statement modifiers"
    on Tue, 22 Nov 2005 16:49:20 +0900, Stefan Kaes <skaes / gmx.net> writes:

|Most language constructs can be abused by programmers to write
|unreadable code. For example, the following is valid Ruby code:
|
|def foo(x); "..."; end
|
|some_value = foo(
|          begin
|            x = 721
|            y = 100
|            while x>y
|              x /= (i= 17; while i>0
|                       i -= 1
|                   end)
|            end
|          rescue
|            puts "something strange happened"
|            0
|           end
|           )
|puts foo(3).to_s
|
|And yet you don't ban complex expressions inside function call arguments
|or on the RHS of an assignment, although they can be used to write
|pretty unreadable code.

It's complex, but it's not harder to read than it really is, just
because it's natural application of syntax rules.  I feel like
altering local variable rule sometimes make code harder to read than
it should be (I mean "back and forth" part of my previous mail).

							matz.