Issue #10630 has been updated by Toni Damjani.

OK. Who is maintaining Erubis then? Is it possible to reach them to have the bug fixed?

The Erubis repo is stale and the project seems to be deprecated by the author.

Bug #10630: ERB tags nested in escaped blocks are skipped

* Author: Toni Damjani
* Assignee: ruby-core
* Category: lib/rubygems
* Target version: next minor
* ruby -v: 2.1.5
Hello,

First of all, is this a good place to report Erubis bugs? Their GitHub repois stale (no action since 2011) and I was suggested by the Rails team to try here.

GitHub ticket: https://github.com/kwatch/erubis/issues/6
Repro example: https://github.com/rails/rails/issues/18098#issuecomment-67667400

---------------------

It seems that ERB (Erubis) doesn't handle well tags embedded within anothertag. My goal is to produce ERB code with some values prefilled in the first pass.

Input ERB code:

```
        <%%= Results: <%= 'first' %> | <%= 'second' %> | <%= 'third' %> %>
```

Produces the following output:

```
        <%= Results: <%= 'first' %> | second | third %>
```

Expected output is:

```
        <%= Results: first | second | third %>
```

The first nested ERB tag is skipped. The same happens when there is just one block nested.

This is reproducible in Rails v4.1.8, which is using Erubis v2.7.0.

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/