Duplicates Bug #10460: Segfault instead of stack level too deep added

Bug #10626: BUS error from nesting lambda's and calls to methods defined with define_method

* Author: Jarosaw Rzesztko
* Assignee:
* Category:
* Target version:
* ruby -v: 2.1.5
I get a BUS error from executing the following Ruby program: https://gist.github.com/jaroslawr/8579678d7c68a49208f0

I am on Gentoo Linux and Ruby 2.1.5, and have also tried Ruby 2.1.4, 2.1.3,..., down to 2.1.0. My colleagues The problem seems to lie in rapidly consuming stack space, and goes away when the stack size limit is increased with ulimit -s. For the real world context behind this, see the corresponding Rails issue I opened:

https://github.com/rails/rails/issues/18011

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/