Hi,

At Tue, 22 Nov 2005 13:28:36 +0900,
Daniel Berger wrote in [ruby-core:06691]:
> > > If there aren't any hard links on Win9X, all I can
> > > think of is to compare the same file:
> >
> > AFAIK, Win9X family don't support NTFS and others, which is
> > required for hard links and reparse points.  The only way I
> > thought of is to compare expanded pathes.
>
> raise NotImplementedError unless NTFS

Why unless NTFS?  Shouldn't test(?-, f, f) return true on all
platforms and all file systems?

> Stop coddling the Windows 9x crowd.  It's dead.  Do
> you really want to have to maintain this code base in
> the future?

The previous patch is not only for Win9X.  Indeed, I agree it
would be dead platform for *development*, but still there are
some users of other DOSISH systems too.

As for Win9X, when we'll bury it, we would have to clean
win32/win32.c up first.

--
Nobu Nakada