Issue #10450 has been updated by Martin Drst.

bug hit wrote:
> Yusuke Endoh wrote:
> > I think that the restriction is no longer meaningful, but it does not mean that this is a bug.  Whatever the reason is, the behavior has been the spec.  It is not harmful.  It is trivial to work around.  So I consider this ticket as a feature request.
> >
> > I can reopen this ticket, but it has many noises and too long.  I also recommend you to open a new ticket to feature request tracker.

> If you can reopen, then please do, I think it's better not to have two tickets for the same issue.  I disagree that this is a feature.

It would be helpful if you could defer the triage into bugs and features topeople such as Yusuke who have a lot of experience with how Ruby development works. Also, while it's better to not have two tickets for the same issue, it's better to have a new ticket because, as we had to find out, the current ticket mixes up two issues (allowing multiple assignment in conditionsand removing parentheses), is confusing, and has accumulated a lot of dust.

Bug #10450: multiple assignment in conditional