Feature #10585: struct: speedup struct.attr = v for first 10 attributes and struct[:attr] for big structs

* Author: Yura Sokolov
* Assignee:
* Category: core
* Target version: current: 2.2.0
0001 - Define optimized setters for first 10 attributes.

0002 - Cache members definition in an subclasses - it is safe cause it could be modified/overloaded.
And use `rb_attr_get` to lookup definition - it is safe cause result is checked later and `Qnil` is treated as error.

0003,0004 - Use custom hash structure (on top of Array) to lookup members index in a big structure.
Well, I doubt that big structures are useful, so I will not grieve if 0004 is not accepted.

0001-struct.c-speedup-struct.name-v-for-small-structs.patch (2.33 KB)
0002-struct.c-cache-member-definition-in-a-subclass.patch (1.09 KB)
0003-benchmark-struct-name.patch (2.42 KB)
0004-struct.c-speedup-for-big-structs.patch (5.47 KB)

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/