Issue #10510 has been updated by Iain Barnett.

Erik Michaels-Ober wrote:
> I believe semantic versioning prevents doing this until Ruby 3 is released (many years from now) but I agree that this issue should be added to the Ruby 3 roadmap.

Wedding release schedules to specific version numbers is what got Perl in such a mess. Shouldn't the version numbers follow what happens in the code and not the other way round? If a change means the version number goes up to3 then so what! The other stuff that would've been in 3 goes in 4¡Äor 5 or 6.

+1 from me either for the original idea or Luis' idea.

iain

Feature #10510: Remove REXML instead of patching it