Bug #10537: Repeated creation and garbage collection of WeakRef instances against a single object leaks memory

* Author: Alex Boyd
* Assignee:
* Category: lib
* Target version:
* ruby -v: ruby 2.2.0dev (2014-11-24 trunk 48552) [x86_64-darwin14]
~~~ruby
require 'weakref'
a = Object.new
1_000_000.times do
  WeakRef.new a
end
GC.start
~~~

The above results in Ruby consuming ~150 MB of RAM, all of which can only be freed by dropping `a`. This should not be the case - an object being weakly referenced should not itself hold a reference to the WeakRef (or any associated data) pointing at it.

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/