Bug #10566: Failure to compile ruby-trunk via mingw-w64 on linux

* Author: Marty Plummer
* Assignee:
* Category:
* Target version:
* ruby -v: ruby 2.2.0dev (2014-12-03 trunk 48697) [x86_64-linux]
* Backport: 2.0.0: DONTNEED, 2.1: DONTNEED
=begin
Greetings;
  In my quest for optimizing my network usage (very slow connection), I've been migrating my
archlinux installation to a sort of gentoo setup, building my own packages from source repos.
In the process of that, I've written a PKGBUILD file to compile ruby, lib32-libruby, and
mingw-w64-ruby.

  While the recipe works fine against ruby 2.1.5's source code, I'm running into issues with
ruby-trunk, either from the svn repo or the git mirror. ruby and lib32-libruby both compile
fine, but the mingw-w64 build fails at attempting to link ruby.exe and rubyw.exe, citing a
number of undefined references to Init_<exts> in extinit.c, while the dll, dll.a, and static.a
files compile just fine. While I am solely building for the sake of using it as a linked in
library for embedding this is hopefully of little concern to me, however I feel it
is my duty to report the issue here.

make.log (5.07 KB)

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/