On Sun, 20 Nov 2005, Christian Neukirchen wrote:
> > a language and have a compiler do one big part of the job for
> > you. This way, even advanced features can be encoded as Neko
> > expressions which will then be compiled.
> Show how will one map singleton methods, runtime method definitions
> and other means of reflection to Neko?

I'd be also interested in hearing an explanation for this:

  "Objects are some kind of optimized hashtables. All fields names are
  hashed into an integer value that is used as the key into a lookup
  table. Insertion of a new field is O(n), access to a field is O(log n)."

How is that optimised compared to hashtables? By definition, a hashtable,
when it's big enough for its number of entries, is O(1) for insertion and
write and read. For example, Ruby's st.c implements the hashtables used
for storing @-variables, and it's all O(1). How does Neko improve on this?

Mathieu Bouchard - t?l:+1.514.383.3801 - http://artengine.ca/matju
Freelance Digital Arts Engineer, Montr?al QC Canada