Issue #9759 has been updated by David Rodrguez.

Did you get the chance to have a look at this, ko1? Thanks!

Bug #9759: [TracePoint API] return event missing when raising exception

* Author: David Rodrguez
* Assignee: Koichi Sasada
* Category: core
* Target version: current: 2.2.0
* ruby -v: https://github.com/thoughtbot/factory_girl/blob/master/lib/factory_girl/strategy_syntax_method_registrar.rb
* Backport: 2.0.0: REQUIRED, 2.1: DONE
I think I found another bug in the TracePoint API, which seems related to #9321. In this case, the failing event is a return event from a method inside of which the exception was generated.

I wrote a failing test case, adapting the code from [factory_girl](https://github.com/thoughtbot/factory_girl/blob/master/lib/factory_girl/strategy_syntax_method_registrar.rb), which is where I first found the strange behaviour.

Thanks a lot in advance!

tracepoint_missing_return_bug.rb (1.37 KB)

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/