Martin Drst wrote:
> Maybe what we can do is to just produce a warning, without depreciation? That will help everybody who wants to avoid this syntax, and will also helpprogrammers to get to know and learn it.

What kind of warnings?
To warn all `#@ivar` things just makes it boring and would discourage it.
Uninitialized instance variables are already warned when `$VERBOSE`.

misc #10541: Remove shorthand string interpolation syntax

* Author: Daniel Morrison
* Assignee: Yukihiro Matsumoto
* Category: syntax
* Target version: current: 2.2.0
I would like to see the shorthand string interpolation syntax, "foo#@bar" deprecated and then removed in 3.0.

My reasons:

1. Most experienced Ruby developers I've talked to don't even know it exists.
2. It has been the cause of real problems. http://status.cloudamqp.com/incidents/vj62pnp62tj9

When a syntax is not widely known and has the potential for problems, I think it makes sense to deprecate and remove.

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/