Hi folks,

I've been working recently on a project called Neko (http://nekovm.org).
Neko is an intermediate dynamicly typed programming language designed to
be targeted by other languages such as Ruby in order to provide a common
runtime.

The Neko Virtual Machine is pretty fast, outperform Python and PHP, and
there is a pretty good C FFI interface for extending it with more
libraries (a few of them are already available, watch the docs).

I would be interested to get in touch with people interested at trying
to run Ruby on Neko. Basicly that consists in writing a program that
transform Ruby source code into Neko source code. Since I don't have big
knowledge in Ruby and there is no full language reference I'm looking
for people familiar with it to help.

I think that having Ruby on Neko would be a very good thing for Ruby
itself. For example there is a mod_neko for Apache and the whole Neko
compiler is available as a Neko library so is fully reusable at runtime.

Anyway, keep up with the great work !

PS : Hi to Matz !

Nicolas