Issue #10541 has been updated by Tsuyoshi Sawada.

> Most experienced Ruby developers I've talked to don't even know it exists
Probably those developers are not experienced enough.

> When a syntax is not widely known and has the potential for problems,
then developers should study more.

> It has been the cause of real problems
That is just a bug.

> most Ruby editors will insert {} after #
It is those editors to blame, not the syntax.

> I prefer unambiguous syntax.
The syntax is not ambiguous. If it were, Ruby would not have been implemented.

> This syntax is very confusing
Never to me.

> The fact that it is still rarely used
This is false.

I think the real problem is that Ruby has not been well documented. Documentation should be comprehensive and should include description about such behaviour.

misc #10541: Remove shorthand string interpolation syntax

* Author: Daniel Morrison
* Assignee: Yukihiro Matsumoto
* Category: syntax
* Target version: current: 2.2.0
I would like to see the shorthand string interpolation syntax, "foo#@bar" deprecated and then removed in 3.0.

My reasons:

1. Most experienced Ruby developers I've talked to don't even know it exists.
2. It has been the cause of real problems. http://status.cloudamqp.com/incidents/vj62pnp62tj9

When a syntax is not widely known and has the potential for problems, I think it makes sense to deprecate and remove.

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/