Issue #10449 has been updated by David Rodrguez.

Actually I've given this a second thought and I'm fine with the change. Thefuncionality loss is minimal (and easy to do it in other ways), the patch corrects issues like this one and the code using the API will be simpler asit will not need to handle the duplication.

So basically, I'm fine with anything. :)

Bug #10449: [TracePoint API] Duplicated line events when using parenthesis

* Author: David Rodrguez
* Assignee:
* Category:
* Target version:
* ruby -v: ruby 2.1.4p265 (2014-10-27 revision 48166) [i686-linux]
Sometimes, when using parenthesis, I get duplicated lines events from the TracePoint API. See the failing test case, it generates 2 line events where I think it should generate just one.

    def test_no_duplicate_line_events
      events = []
      TracePoint.new(:line) { |tp| events << tp.event }.enable { a = (1) * 5 }

      assert_equal [:line], events
    end

Thanks!!

--