I submitted this as an RCR, but I didn't know that RCR's aren't for the stdlib. Matz commented on
the proposal and mentioned that mneumann was the maintainer. Is there a way to tell who maintains
what library, or should I just post to ruby-core (or should i post to ruby-talk)?

The proposal is this:

Problem
The REXML::Elements class acts like an array, yet it only responds to the method 'size'. Being able
to call 'length' seems like an intuitive metohd for the class to have.

Proposal
Add the method 'length' as an alias to 'size' on the REXML::Elements class.

Analysis
This proposal keeps consistency with arrays and other array-like objects found in ruby's core
libraries and standard libraries, and it seems to follow principle of least surprise.

Implementation
In rexml/element.rb on line 929 add the following line of code:

    alias :length :size

Thanks,

Zach