Issue #10549 has been reported by Daniel Morrison.

misc #10549: Deprecate each_with_index and each_with_object in favor of with_index and with_object
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/issues/10549

* Author: Daniel Morrison
* Assignee: Yukihiro Matsumoto
* Category: syntax
* Target version: current: 2.2.0
I wonder if we can deprecate `each_with_index` and `each_with_object` and fully recommend `with_index` and `with_object` instead.

I personally like the shorter forms because they hint that they can be used with more methods than simply `each`. People don't need to ask if there's a `map_with_index` method, they can just try chaining it the same way and it works! I realized this when teaching new Rubyists, because they often ask those questions.

There is a negligible performance hit.

Lots of code uses `each_with_index` but it is a one-character change to use `each.with_index` instead.

Forgive me if this has been brought up recently, but I couldn't find any discussion on it.

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/