Issue #10541 has been updated by Steve Richert.

I agree with Daniel Morrison and Richard Schneeman. This interpolation shorthand is clever but unnecessary. While being unnecessary may not be reason enough to deprecate a feature, this particular feature also has the potential for unexpected, harmful behavior.

Ruby already has a more explicit, safer, and more conventional syntax for string interpolation and it would benefit the community to standardize around it.

misc #10541: Remove shorthand string interpolation syntax

* Author: Daniel Morrison
* Assignee: Yukihiro Matsumoto
* Category: syntax
* Target version: current: 2.2.0
I would like to see the shorthand string interpolation syntax, "foo#@bar" deprecated and then removed in 3.0.

My reasons:

1. Most experienced Ruby developers I've talked to don't even know it exists.
2. It has been the cause of real problems. http://status.cloudamqp.com/incidents/vj62pnp62tj9

When a syntax is not widely known and has the potential for problems, I think it makes sense to deprecate and remove.

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/