Bug #10539: Wrong pattern matching when string interpolation inside regexp is used

* Author: tammo tjarks
* Assignee:
* Category: regexp
* Target version:
* ruby -v: ruby 2.1.2p95 (2014-05-08 revision 45877) [x86_64-linux]
Hello,
maybe it is my fault, but I stumble over the fact, that I get a match when I should not (have added a short example).
I use an Array to have a list of matching names like:
<pre>
a = ['moin','test','whatever']
</pre>
and when I compare with
strings like
<pre>
ex_strings = ["TOMATCH moin","SHOULNDTMATCH whatever"]
</pre>

I get with
<pre>
str =~ /TOMATCH #{a.join("|")}/
</pre>
(see attached example) a match for TOMATCH moin as well
as SHOULDNTMATCH whatever. I tried it with other versions as well.
I tried it with older versions of ruby as well with the same result.
Is the use of string Interpolation inside regular expressions problematic?

Best regards,
Tammo

example.rb (178 Bytes)

--