> Please don't degrade the value of this list.

Sigh,

When Matz first proposed this core list in 2002 it was to give English
speakers the equivalent of ruby-dev which is strictly Japanese. Even
more recently, Matz suggested that we might try using this list as a
forum for discussing RCRs and such. So why am I unfounded for doing
so? Why do we want such a sterile list restricted patch submissions
and autmated bug reports. And why are the [Wilderness] posts okay,
then?

But personally, this is a problem I've had for years: I want to target
the audiance RUBY DEVELOPERS, not the ENTIRE RUBY COMMUNITY. If this
list isn't for that than what is? I think it is bad to always bring
dev stuff up on ruby-talk. I think we do so too much. I have no doubt
that people are detered from Ruby by these developer discussions on
ruby-talk, thinking the langauge must be unstable and in too much
flux, though it is not the case. Wouldn't it be better to have a
separate list for this? And since Ruby-core is so lightly used why not
just use it rather then have YAML ;-).

T.