Issue #10522 has been reported by Matt Dressel.

Bug #10522: SSL_VERSION not handled properly in Net::Http, OpenSSL libraries
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/issues/10522

* Author: Matt Dressel
* Assignee:
* Category: ext/openssl
* Target version:
* ruby -v: ruby 2.1.3p242
https://github.com/ruby/ruby/pull/762/files

While using the Faraday gem with the default net/http adapter, we are passing an explicit ssl_version to net/http, however we still received handshake warnings from the server suggesting that the ssl_version was not getting down to the OpenSSL layer.  After realizing that the Typhoeus adapter works just fine, I decided to dig deeper into Net::Http.

The Net::Http#connect method passes the ssl_version to OpenSSL::SSL::SSLContext via the set_params method.  This appears to be problematic.  The only case I can get to work as expected calls ssl_version= without calling set_params at all.  I believe the error revolves around the set_params calling setters for all params (always includes an ssl_version).

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/