At 10:29 -0600 01 Nov 2005, I wrote:
> At 01:58 +0900 29 Sep 2005, noreply / rubyforge.org wrote:
> > Submitted By: Aaron Schrab (aarons)
> > Assigned to: Nobody (None)
> >
> > Initial Comment:
> > When loading Symbols containing characters that need to be quoted
> > (e.g. :"^foo"), the YAML library included with ruby 1.8.3 includes the
> > quotes in the Symbol.  This makes it impossible for such Symbols to
> > correctly survive a round trip through YAML.
>
> Has anybody looked at this yet?  It doesn't look like this has been
> fixed in CVS yet.

Hello?

I still haven't heard anything about this.  And it still doesn't seem to
be fixed in CVS.  I don't think the patch attached to this bug should
cause problems, it essentially just restores fixups done by 1.8.2 when

Aaron Schrab     aaron / schrab.com      http://www.schrab.com/aaron/
 To err is human -- to blame it on a computer is even more so.