Yukihiro Matsumoto wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In message "Re: Object#clone missing documentation"
>     on Tue, 8 Nov 2005 14:29:45 +0900, Eero Saynatkari <ruby-ml / magical-cat.org> writes:
>
> |It appears that Object#clone, unlike Object#dup, retains
> |any singleton methods of the object. I have no access to
> |CVS, do the current docs reflect this (relatively useful
> |bit of information)? If not, should a non-CVS-challenged
> |gentleperson feel inclined to update?
>
> It says "<code>clone</code> is used to duplicate an object, including
> its internal state".  Some (many?) might have difficulties to find
> that "internal state" includes its singleton methods.  Better
> description is wanted.

'Internal state' probably gets interpreted as taintedness, frozen and
so on (at least by yours truly). Perhaps just lay it out clearly:

"clone duplicates the exact state of an object, including any
  singleton methods, taintedness, whether the object is frozen
  and (other 'internal state' things)."

Is there something about a finalizer there, too?