Issue #10403 has been reported by Mark Amery.

misc #10403: `puts` documentation fix
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/issues/10403

* Author: Mark Amery
* Assignee: Eric Hodel
* Category: doc
* Target version: current: 2.2.0
Patch attached. It's a minor documentation fix after something confused me in the docs. The previous docs seem to imply that `puts` may use something other than a newline as a record separator, and I had to dive into the code to learn that actually that isn't true.

Sorry if I've gotten anything wrong in either my change or the process by which I've submitted it (I was following the instructions at http://blog.steveklabnik.com/posts/2011-05-10-contributing-to-ruby-s-documentation). I'm a total Ruby noob and fairly C-illiterate too, so it's possible I've been a moron in some way.

Cheers :)

0001-puts-documentation-fix.patch (1.1 KB)

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/