Feature #10320: require into module

* Author: So Wieso
* Assignee:
* Category: core
* Target version:
When requiring a library, global namespace always gets polluted, at least with one module name. So when requiring a gem with many dependencies, at least one constant enters global namespace per dependency, which can easily get out of hand (especially when gems are not enclosed in a module).

Would it be possible to extend require (and load, require_relative) to put all content into a custom module and not into global namespace?

Syntax ideas:

~~~ruby
require 'libfile', into: :Lib   # keyword-argument
require 'libfile' in Lib   # with keyword, also defining a module Lib at current binding (unless defined? Lib)
require_qualified 'libfile', :Lib
~~~

This would also make including code into libraries much easier, as it is well scoped.

~~~ruby
module MyGem
require 'needed' in Need

def do_something
Need::important.process!
 # library user is never concerned over needed's content
~~~

Some problems to discuss:

* requiring into two different modules means loading the file twice?
* monkeypatching libraries should only affect the module вк auto refinements?
* maybe also allow a binding as argument, not only a module?
* privately require, so that required constants and methods are not accessible from the outside of a module (seems to difficult)
* what about $global constants, read them from global scope but copy-write them only to local scope?

Similar issue:
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/issues/5643

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/